Saturday, August 25, 2012

An Introduction



Hi,
My name is Sarah Pehrson and I am a Geography 1202 student for the fall semester at the University of Colorado located in Denver, Colorado. For my blog project I have chosen to analyze, through the eyes of a geographer, the area known as The Great Sand Dunes National Park. This park is located in my home state of Colorado which is one of the main reasons as to why I chose the particular area. For my project I wanted to choose an area that I have already been to. I visited the Great Sand Dunes for the first time in 2005, when I was fifteen years old. I thought it would be especially interesting to get to know an area I am already slightly familiar with from a geographic point of view because although I have visited, I know nothing about it geographically. I also considered the Sand Dunes because I know there has to be some really interesting history and science behind it due to the nature of the area. It always seemed crazy to me that in the middle of what seems like usual mountainous Colorado, there are just giant piles of sand. It is almost like they don’t belong, therefore, I have always been curious as to how they got there. I will allow this blog to serve as my reflection of finding out many new things about this already slightly familiar and nearby area that has always been a mystery to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment